Translate

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Vegas and his girl :)

I just wanted to share a little story about our recent encounter with the kennel we use on post.


My husband (American) and I traveled to visit my family in Canada over the Christmas holidays. throughout the past year we have been dealing with immigration as we are applying for my permanent residency in the U.S. Well once you are in the immigration process you are not allowed to leave the country without a 'travel document,' which we knew, so we applied for one at the very beginning of October. We were told by an immigration lawyer that it usually only takes a couple of weeks for the document to come in. but by December we still had not received anything. As our travel dates approached I called immigration to inquire about the situation and I was told that we could travel with our receipts showing we are going through the process and that I live there, and we would be fine. Unfortunately, they were wrong. We were stopped at the border and I was denied entry. As of right now they are doing everything they can to help me, as it was their fault this situation even came about. But anyways, so now I am in Canada still and my husband had to return to work. A week after getting back to California he had to go out for field training and would be away from home for an entire month. Meanwhile Vegas was in the kennel for the 2 weeks over the holidays and now, with me being stuck in Canada and my husband having to go away for a month Vegas would have to go back t the place he dreads

I was so upset knowing he would be locked up all day for an entire month right after being in there for 2 weeks. (He's not actually locked up ALL day, but you know how the kennels are...)

Then the other day I received a call from the manager at the kennel. She explained to me how she brings her bulldog into work everyday she is there and lets her play with the other dogs there, but right now Vegas is the only one there. She explained how at night he stays by himself and she feels bad that the kennel is so dead now and he has to be all alone, SO, she offered, for no extra charge to doggysit Vegas for us! She would bring Vegas home at night and take care of him, then when she goes to work she would bring him and her bulldog and they can just play together there. This was such a blessing! I was ecstatic! She lives right on post near us and she gave me her cell phone and email, and I already have the kennel's number. She's called me every other day to let me know how Vegas is doing, and today she even sent me some pictures!

I can't even tell you how far a kind gesture like this can go! She has really made me much more at ease about being away from him.
Here are some pics she sent today:





2 comments:

  1. Aww!! That is great news. What great pictures, too! How much longer are they anticipating you'll be stuck in Canada?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No idea!!! I'm guessing at least another month though, probably longer.

    ReplyDelete