Translate

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

And the Workouts Start!

As I am still currently in Canada, I figured what better way to blow off steam than working out and running!
My parents and I all went to the gym this evening in hopes of starting a new, healthy lifestyle.
Our regime will consist of a small breakfast of a pretein smoothie and fruit, and then lunch will be our bigger meal of the day (not sure about exact meal ideas yet, still looking into them), and for dinner we'll eat a salad and some meat.
We'll be going to the gym in evenings, so we are shooting for dinner before we go, and then a light snack when we get back.  Clementines are great for a light snack now while they are still in season!

As for today's workout, I am sticking to aerobic machines only for now, so today I did a light warm up on the eliptical for 10 mins, and then I ran for 30 mins on the treadmill. I ran in intervals, going from fast to medium to slow and speeding back up a few times. Once my 30 mins was over I walked for a cool down for about 10 mins.

The run itself felt good. It was nice to get back into it, and it wasn't painful at all.....not yet anyways.
Tomorrow I'm going to shoot for a 3 mile run.

Afterwards, I enjoyed a protein smoothie at home!


My goal is to work my way up to a 10 mile run, but for now I'll just be running for 30-40mins to get back in shape, no more than 3 miles really for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment