Translate

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

If they can, I can!

I was just scrolling through some of the blogs on blogger, and it seemed as if 4 of every 5 blogs were about running, or people training for a race, or people trying to lose weight by running, or people who just love running period. So I've come to the conclusion that if there are that many people out there running "10 miles in freshly fallen snow," then surely I can run 10 miles on the treadmill. And if I can run 10 miles on the treadmill, then I can definitely run a 10 km race. And if I can run a 10 km race, then I can definitely run a half-marathon. And if I can run a half-marathon, then I can definitely run a full marathon.

So there! I can! and I will!

With that being said I will start training for a 5 km race.  I don't know when the race is yet, but whenever I get back to post, I will run in the next '5km Fun Run' they have every month, then from there I will build up to the finale!  It's January now, so by the end of the year I would like to have completed a full marathon (that would be the finale).

Starting tomorrow I will run a 5km run and then up the distance 10% each week.



"Obsession is a word the lazy use to describe dedication". So just keep on running!

No comments:

Post a Comment