Translate

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Randomness + My 1st Blogging award!

Took some pics of the desert on my morning bike ride. I thought they would be nice, but turns out they just emphasize how boring it is out here.
My morning bike route:

One of the largest mountains on post. I think it's about 30-40 miles around the base. You get some kind of recognition if you hike/walk the whole base of it. But with all the  creepy, crawly creatures out here I will not be doing that any time soon.
These are the desert bushes that are EVERYWHERE. When I ride by them I hear the lizards and/or gophers scatter away. Creepy!


Aside from those blah'ish looking bushes, there are also these gorgeous, blossoming bushes everywhere. I've seen them in white, pink, and this bright fuchsia  color. This particular plant is right outside our backyard gate and actually flows over into our yard.


I cut some off and put them in a vase for out kitchen table =)
Who knew such pretty flowers could grow in the desert!?


This is Tiger (pronounced Tiger, as in the character from Winnie the Pooh) whom I am currently dog sitting. We just got back form a bike ride. 
Tiger recently lost her brother to Parvo =(, but that's another story for another time.

Back at our house, there were 2 dogs wondering where I was for over an hour.
They are just too cute!



Some exciting news! I received my 1st blogging award!!! Yay!!
Staci from Rambling Military Wife passed on the Sunshine Award to me =)
Thank you kindly! I really enjoy following Staci's blog. She has a lot of cute things on it, so check it out.


"The Sunshine Award is awarded to bloggers whose positivity and creativity inspire others in the blogging world."

The Rules:

1. Put the award on your blog and/ or within your post
2. Pass on the award to twelve bloggers.
3. Link the nominees within your post.
4. Let them know they received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and the link to the person from whom you received this award. 

I know it's is my 1st award, but I'm already going to break the rules and pass it on to 6 blogs I feel inspired & intrigued by.
Check them out:

A Marine's Wife @ Flip Flops and Combat Boots
The Army Wife @ Army Wife Life


7 comments:

  1. yayyy for your first award!! thanks for sharing with me :) :) those puppies are so cute...and so sad about Tiger's brother :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for my award!!!!! I am loving this award and it's meaning! Love your blog, you and your husband are just too precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Thanks for passing along the award! Your dogs are too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I am in love with your dogs!! SO precious. We wanted a boston so bad, perhaps for our third and final pooch ha. I lost my very first dog to Parvo, very devestating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You left the comment in the right spot! good luck! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ The Voigt's, I am so obsessed with Boston's. You definitely should get one for your third! hahaha. I'm trying to convince the hubs that we need another one, but it's not going over so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Sweet! Thank you for my award, I can't wait to pass it on! Yay!

    ReplyDelete