Translate

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Whaaat!!?? February is almost over!!??

Heeeeello all!!
Well it's been a million years since I've blogged.  I have no idea what happened, or where the time went! I guess I just got busy with good 'ol, daily life.  With that being said I'll update you a little as to what's been going on in my life :)
As of today we have a teeny, tiny bit more than 2 months left in this deployment!!!!  I seriously cannot believe that.  I honestly thought the year was going to drag on, while I slept in and whined to everyone that crossed my path about the depressions of deployment. But to my surprise the year has gone by amazingly fast. I know this sounds horrible, but I almost feel as though I'm running out of time to do everything I had planned to do while he was gone!  Money that I had planned to put away each month somehow vanished, all the projects that I had planned never even got a second thought, and all the cooking I was suppose to be perfecting dwindled down to eating cereal, popcorn and ice cream every day. I can honestly say I am amazed at how fast this went by. And I'm so thankful for that.

The hubs was recently home on R&R. I was amazing!!!  He arrived 2 days before my birthday. Best birthday present ever!! We did lots of relaxing, and he got to meet Cali, our American Bulldog puppy, for the first time.  I was a bit nervous about their meeting as she's been with just me since July now, and has never had any males in the house, other than my family.  But I apparently had nothing to worry about as she was in love with him after the 3rd or 4th sniff.  I'm pretty sure she forgot who I was by the 3rd day.  We had an amazing time together. I'll post a separate R&R post later.

I've mostly been working like crazy. The 40 hour work seems to be more like a 60 hour week by the end. I treasure my weekends so much!  Especially a holiday weekend like this past one. I'm getting very tired of my work and I'm looking forward to leaving it when we PCS. Speaking of PCS'ing....

We're PCS'ing to GERMANY!!!
I'm so ecstatic I can't even tell you!! We will be leaving at the end of the summer. So when the hubs gets home, after a month or so of re-integration, we are going on vacation to Hiwaii, then a month later we will be making the rounds to Canada, NC and TX to say our goodbye's to family and friends, then after that we're off!  It's going to be an extremely hectic time when he gets back, but I'm looking forward to getting out of this desert and being in a new place, and of course traveling!!! I'm dreading looking for another job, but hopefully NAF, my current employer, will help with the transition.  If not....Paris here I come!!!  lol, JK.

Anyways, I'll end it there.
Hope everyone has a great rest of the week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment