Translate

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Amazing Couple

I love, LOVE, LOVE that a fellow military couple won this year's Amazing Race!!
To be honest, I don't really watch that much TV, but every now and then when we're flipping through the channels, we stop and watch the reality show.  I thought it was pretty cool that a military couple was on it, not to mention the few episodes I caught I could easily relate to them - How the husband sometimes spoke to her like one of his soldiers, or how each task at hand was a mission to complete (which in the tv show's case it was, so that comparison didn't work to well.....but if you're a military spouse you know what I mean).
Anyways, what I didn't realize was they entered into the show shortly after a deployment, and if you've been through a deployment, you know the last thing you'd want to do is have your every 'reintergrating' move recorded and televised. I know when the Mr. came back to me after a deployment, commuincation was a bit difficult and stressed, which is normal, but there is no way I could have done it all with a million viewers watching!!!  OR maybe I could have........hhmmm, a million dollars is quite a motivator.

I think the author of this article is on point when describing what a challenge it would have been.


Congrats to them!




No comments:

Post a Comment